List of Sample Projects undertaken by ERG
- Protocol Simulation of a Pseudo-random, Frequency-Hopped
Militrary Satellite Communications Network (Oct 1984 - Oct 1987) Royal
Signals and Radar Establishment (RSRE).
- Protocols for ECCM SATCOM Links (Jan
1988 - Dec 1990) Royal Signals and Radar Establishment (RSRE).
- Use of X.25 Protocols on a 20/30 GHz VSAT
Network (1989-1990) British National Space Centre (BNSC)
- Development of a Graphical Tool to Visualise
the X.25 Protocol Royal Signals and Radar Establishment (RSRE).
- Protocols for use with Satellites Possessing
On-Board Processing Capability (Jan 1991 - Dec 1992) Royal Signals
and Radar Establishment (RSRE)
- Analysis and Optimisation of CODE Protocols
(1992 - 1993) European Space Agency (ESA)
- Robust SATCOM Protocols (Jan 1993 - Dec 1994)
Defence Research Agency, DRA Defford.
- Identification of Marine Targets by Neural Networks
- Tracker (Data Fusion Project) Defence Research Agency, DRA Portsdown
- Aberdeen Neural Development Environment (ANDS) Defence Research Agency,
- Reverse Software Engineering using Artificial Neural Networks - PRISM
- The Rekursiv Project (1994) DTI
- Simulation Survey. (1994) European
Space Agency (ESA).
- Aberdeen Condition Monitoring (CM) Project
(1994) Scottish Enterprise and University
- Analysis and Optimisation of CODE
Protocols - Benchmarking the USI Router (1994) European Space Agency
- Design of a Packet Modem (1994) Defence
Research Agency, DRA Defford.
- Study of the Issues in Linking ATM networks
via Satellite (1994) Defence Research Agency, DRA Malvern.
- Measurement of the Performance of the
HSC and USI Satellite Routers (1994 - 1995) European Space Agency (ESA)
- Object Oriented Software Environment
(OOSE) European Space Agency (ESA)
- Optimisation of Protocols for a VSAT
Packet Data Network (1995 - 1996) European Space Agency (ESA)
- Protocol Issues in Providing 64 kbps SATCOM
Links (1995) Defence Research Agency, DRA Defford.
- Simulation of Road Traffic Monitoring
by Satellite (1995 - 1996) European Space Agency (ESA)
- Adapative Packet Protocols for SATCOM
Links (1995 - 1996) Defence Research Agency, DRA Defford.
- Video Medi-CAL (1996-1999) JISC Technology
Applications Programme (JTAP)
- Feasibility of a Universal Gateway Between
Commercial and Military Protocols (1996 - 1997) Defence Research Agency,
- Performance Issues of Interconnecting ATM
Islands with Radio Links (1997) Defence Research Agency, DRA Malvern.
- A Gateway Providing Seamless Integration of
TCP/IP Networks using Satellite Links (1997 - 2001) EPSRC
- Design and Optimisation of a Packet Data Mode for a Reconfigurable SATCOM Modem (1998-2002) DERA Defford
- GEOCAST: Multicast Over Geostationary EHF Satellites (2000-2003) Central European Commission (FP5)
- SUNRISE (2000-2001) European Space Agency (ESA), Consortium: Delta Communication, University of Aberdeen, Globecast NE, London Symphony Orchestra.
- DOMINO II: Internet via Multimedia Satellite (2001-2003) European Space Agency (ESA)
- SUNRISE II: Multimedia Distribution by Satellite Demonstrator: MPEG-4 (Nov 2002 - Apr 2003) , ESA ARTES Programme Consortium: Delta Communication, University of Aberdeen, London Symphony Orchestra.
- IP Encapsulation for Satellite Communications (September 2003 - Mar 2004) Consortium lead by University of Graz (with: UoSaltzburg, EMS Ltd) ESA ARTES Programme, 2003
- SatNEx Satellite Network of Excellence (Jan 2004 - Dec 2006) Consortium lead by DLR (21 partners) EC FP6 Network of Excellence, 2004
- Advice on Internet standards applicable to networking via satellite and attendance at relevant meetings (August 2004 - April 2005), DSTL Naval Systems
- IPDVB - Standardisation (April 2004 - March 2005) Consortium lead by University of Graz (also: UoSaltzburg) ESA ARTES Programme
- IP Multicast within the Inmarsat BGAN System (April 2004 - Nov 2006) Funded by Inmarsat, London
- Secure Scalable Reliable Multicast (June 2005 - June 2008) Joint project with University of Surrey, EPSRC.
- SatSix (Jan 2006-Jan 2008) Consortium lead by Alcatel-Alenia Space, France. EC FP6 IP.
- SatNEx- II Satellite Network of Excellence (Apr 2006 - Mar 2008) Consortium lead by DLR (23 partners) EC FP7 Network of Excellence.
- Consultancy (April 2006 - May 2006), DSTL Naval Systems
- Creation and Validation Performance Simulation Environment (October 2006 - November 2006), Inmarsat Ltd.
- A secure adhoc full-mesh SATCOM network based on a DVB-S2 physical layer (November 2007 - December 2008)), Astrium Ltd.
- Development of satellite-friendly next generation transport protocol mechanisms (April 2009 - September 2010), Thalesalenia Space
- Study of generic stream encapsulation (GSE STUDY) (May 2009 - April 2010), European Space Agency
- Support for DVB-RCS Standardisation of Higher Layer Satellite (HLS) (July 2010 - Sept 2010), European Space Agency
- Digital Advanced Research Testbed (DART) (Feb 2011 - Jan 2013), TSB/dot.rural hub partnership.
- DVB Activity: Simulation analysis of TCP/IP over satellite (July 2011 - Aug 2011), Astrium Ltd.
- Rural Digital Economy Research Hub, (Oct 2014), RCUK.
- New-web - Exploring Transport interactions with SPDY-based web browsing (2012-2013) ESA Artes Programme under SatNEx.
- RITE - Reducing Internet transport latency (EC FP7) ( 2012-2015) EC FP7.
ERG home page