« Back to people
Ahmed Yusuf Tambuwal
My PhD research studies methods to accelerate TCP startup performance with the aim to improve user web browsing experience. The research goals are:
- Improve TCP robustness against non-congestion related packet losses occurring during the startup phase.
- Make TCP more tolerant of evolutions occurring in network entities that cause interfering with connection establishment packets.
- Reduce latency of web transactions over the Internet including lossy and long-delay paths.
A Loss-Robust TCP Congestion Control Algorithm for Faster Web Response Time On Lossy and Long Delay Internet Paths
Funding: Funded by my employers - Usmanu Dan Fodiyo University, Sokoto, Nigeria.
Expected thesis submission date: December 2013
- Exploration of random access: – in DVB-RCS in 12th annual postgraduate symposium on the convergence of telecoms, networking and broadcasting, liverpool, UK, 2011
- System design for second-generation DVB-RCS RA-DAMA integration: – in International Conference on Satellite and Space Communications, Rome, Italy, 2012
- Comparison of methods for accelerating the response time of internet sessions: – in IEEE symposium on computers and communications, split, croatia, 2013.