« Back to people
Chamil Kulatunga has graduated with his PhD from University of Aberdeen, UK (May 2009) in the area of Internet Engineering. He has an MSc by Research in Computer Networking from Waterford Institute of Technology, Ireland (September 2003) and BSc in Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering from University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka (January 1999).
The broad research area of Chamil Kulatunga comes in the Internet Quality of Service (QoS). In the past, he has been working in Network Management for QoS, IP QoS techniques, Unicast and Multicast Congestion Control, Traffic Optimisations through peer-to-peer Delivery, Multimedia Proxy Caching algorithms. Currently he is working in Active Queue Management (AQM) techniques, Real-time Multimedia Congestion Control protocols and QoE in VoIP and Video applications.
Funding: SIRA (Satellite Internet for Rural Access) project of the RCUK funded dot.rural Digital Economy Hub and RITE (Reducing Internet Transport Latency) project funded by the EC FP7 program.
- Eduard Grigorescu, Chamil Kulatunga, Gorry Fairhurst, “Evaluation of the Impact of Packet Drops due to AQM over Capacity Limited Paths”, Capacity Sharing Workshop 2013 (CSWS13), Gottingen, Germany, October 2013
- Chamil Kulatunga, Ruban Kandavanam, Annie Ibrahim Rana, Sasitharan Balasubramaniam, Dmitri Botvich, “HySAC: A Hybrid Delivery System with Adaptive Content Management for IPTV Networks” International Conference on Communications (IEEE/ICC), Kyoto, Japan, June 2011
- Chamil Kulatunga, Jesse Kielthy, Dmitri Botvich, Willie Donnelly, “Exploiting the In-network Capabilities of Multicast to Discover Proximate IPTV Channels”, MDPI Future Internet Journal, volume 2 (4), pages 431-445, December 2010
- Ruban Kandavanam, Dmitri Botvich, Sasitharan Balasubramaniam, Chamil Kulatunga “PaCRAm: A Path-aware Content Replication Approach with Multicast for IPTV Networks”, Global Communications Conference (IEEE/GlobeCom), Miami, USA, December 2010
- Chamil Kulatunga, Gorry Fairhurst, “Enforcing Layered Multicast Congestion Control using ECN-Nonce”, Elsevier Computer Networks Journal, volume 54 (3), pages 489-505, February 2010
- Nimbe Ewald, Chamil Kulatunga, Gorry Fairhurst, “Performance Impact of ECN on Multimedia Traffic with Satellite Delay”, International Workshop on Satellite and Space Communications (IEEE/IWSSC), Siena-Tuscany, Italy, September 2009
- Lei Liang, Haitham Cruickshank, Zhili Sun, Chamil Kulatunga, Gorry Fairhurst, “TESLA with FLUTE over Satellite Networks”, International Conference on Communications (IEEE/ICC), Beijing, China, May 2008
- Chamil Kulatunga, Gorry Fairhurst, “Nonlinear Adaptive Layered Multicast Congestion Control for Fast Long-Distance Networks”, International Workshop on Protocols for FAST Long-Distance Networks (IRTF/PFLDnet), Manchester, UK, March 2008
- Chamil Kulatunga, Gorry Fairhurst, “Delay-based Sub-grouping for NORM in Heterogeneous Networks”, International Workshop on Satellite and Space Communications (IEEE/IWSSC), Salzburg, Austria, September 2007
- Kandasamy Pirapaharan, Chamil Kulatunga, Thambu Kuganeswaran, “Regional Disaster Communications Network”, Chapter 14 in “After the Tsunami: Relief and Rehabilitation in Sri Lanka” edited by Manfred Domroes, pages 202-217, Mosaic Books, New Delhi, India, 2006
- Chamil Kulatunga, Jesse Kielthy, Paul Malone, Michael Foghlu, “Implementation of a Simple Bandwidth Broker for DiffServ Networks”, International Workshop on Inter-Domain Performance and Simulation (IPS), Budapest, Hungary, March 2004