« Back to people
He working in ERG as a Research Fellow for the WiSE (Wireless Internet Sensing Environment) project in dot.rural.
He was awarded PhD in Electrical Engineering from University of Strathclyde, Glasgow in 2012. The PhD research was titled “Multimedia Communication over Mobile IP Wireless Networks”.
He had have eight years of teaching experience as an Assistant Professor at National University of Sciences and Technology (NUST), Rawalpindi, Pakistan.
His research interests are multimedia communication, scalable video coding, adaptive video streaming, and remote video monitoring.
Funding: He was a postdoctoral fellow on the WiSE (Wireless Internet Sensing Environment) project since Jun 2012. The project is supported by the award made by the RCUK Digital Economy programme to the dot.rural Digital Economy Hub; award reference: EP/G066051/1.
- S. Nazir, V. Stankovic, H. Attar, L. Stankovic, and S. Cheng, “Relay-assisted rateless layered multiple description video delivery,” IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, to appear.
- S Nazir, F Verdicchio, G Fairhurst, “Scalable Video Streaming Techniques over Cooperative Relay Networks”, International Journal of Computer Applications, Vol.66 2013.
- S. Nazir, D. Vukobratovic, V. Stankovic, and I. Andonovic, “Rate-adaptive selective segment assignment for reliable wireless video transmission,” International Journal of Digital Multimedia Broadcasting, vol. 2012, 2012.
- S. Nazir, V. Stankovic, I. Andonovic, and D. Vukobratovic, ”Application-layer systematic network coding for sliced H.264/AVC video streaming,” Advances in Multimedia, vol. 2012, 2012.
- S. Nazir, V. Stankovic, and D. Vukobratovic, “Adaptive layered multiple description coding for wireless video with expanding window random linear codes,” ICASSP-2012 IEEE International Conference on Acoustic, Speech, and Signal Processing, Kyoto, Japan, March 2012.
- S. Nazir, D. Vukobratovic, and V. Stankovic, “Scalable broadcasting of sliced H.264/AVC over DVB-H network,” ICON-2011 IEEE Intl. Conference on Networks, Special Session on Robust and Scalable Multimedia Networking, Singapore, December 2011.
- S. Nazir, D. Vukobratovic, and V. Stankovic, “Expanding window random linear codes for data partitioned H.264 video transmission over DVB-H network,” ICIP-2011 IEEE International Conference on Image Processing, Brussels, Belgium, September 2011.
- S. Nazir, D. Vukobratovic, and V. Stankovic, “Unequal Error Protection for Data Partitioned H.264/AVC Video Streaming with Raptor and Random Linear Codes for DVB-H Networks,” Proc. ICME-2011 IEEE International Conference on Multimedia and Expo, Barcelona, Spain, July 2011.
- S. Nazir, D. Vukobratovic, and V. Stankovic, “Performance evaluation of Raptor and Random Linear Codes for H.264/AVC video transmission over DVB-H networks,” Proc. ICASSP-11 IEEE International Conference on Acoustic, Speech, and Signal Processing, Prague, Czech Republic, May 2011.
- S. Nazir and M.Y. Javed, “Integrating Fixed Size Compressed Multimedia Data Blocks for Storage and Retrieval”, Proceedings of the 7th IASTED International Conference on Internet and Multimedia Systems and Applications, – A Publication of the International Association of Science and Technology for Development, August 13 -15, 2003, Honolulu, Hawaii, USA.
- D. Fielding, S. Nazir*, S. Newey, R. van der Wal, F. Verdicchio, J. Irvine, and G. Fairhurst, “Wireless Information Sensing Environment (WiSE): Resource Management using Satellite and Wireless Sensor Networks” Zoological Society London (ZSL) Symposium, London, May 2013.
- G. Fairhurst, R. van der Wal, F. Verdicchio, S. Nazir, S. Newey, “A WIreless Smartcam Environment (WiSE)” Third Annual Digital Economy All Hands Conference – Digital Futures, Aberdeen, United Kingdom, October 2012.