« Back to people
- Room 210, Fraser Noble Building
- +44(0)1224 272807
Siddharth is currently employed as a Research Assistant with the Dot.Rural research hub, University of Aberdeen.Having graduated in Telecommunications Engineering from Visvesvaraya Technological University(Bangalore,India) ,he went on to complete my masters in Engineering and Management from the University of Exeter. Having finished his Masters he worked as a Knowledge Transfer Associate in a project between the University of Portsmouth and STS defence Limited. As a KTP associate he worked as an Embedded Software Engineer working on developing bespoke embedded products such as container monitoring devices, air sampling devices and Ethernet enabled sensors.
My research primarily looks at testing the performance of certain internet application protocols such as HTTP, SPDY, DASH over satellite links.
- Worked on the Satnex project to test and compare the web page performance achieved with the recent TCP stack modifications ( TCP fast open and Initial Window = 10) along with an improvised version of the HTTP networking protocol known as SPDY, over an emulated satellite network and a real satellite network.
- Presently involved with experimenting the performance of Dynamic Adaptive Streaming over HTTP over certain TCP-IP stack modifications such as New-CWV.
- Yusuf, A., Syed, Shetty, S., Wilkinson, N. and Brown, D. (2012) A Modified Codebook-based Background Subtraction Technique to improve Activity Classification in Highly Variable Environments. International Conference on Industrial Engineering.
- Yusuf, A., Syed, Shetty, S., Wilkinson, N. and Brown, D. (2013) A novel self-configuring Ethernet-based smart sensor application for remote condition monitoring. First International Conference on Mobile and Embedded Technology.